Thursday, May 6, 2010

How do the decisions impact various relationships?

In the novel "The Last Song" the decision that impacted the characters relationships the most was Ronnie's decision that she wanted to go back to New York. "Please don't make me stay. I don't like it here. I don't like the people here. I don't fit in here. I want to go home." (pg 174) This part reminds me of the movie "Maria Full of Grace." It reminds me of the part when the main character wanted her and her friend to leave because they weren't in the right place and that they never should've been there in the first place.
Ronnie's attitude at this part, impacted her decision to leave a lot. She wanted to leave because of the people she was associating herself with. For one, Blaze, because she thought that they were friends, but then she framed her with shop lifting, and got her in trouble with the police. Two, was Marcus, Blaze's boyfriend, who really wanted Ronnie and was creeping her out and stalking her. And then there was Will. She really liked him, but then she let the things that Ashley said, get to her, therefore wanting to go back to her home in New York, and leave all of her problems behind. Even if it did mean leaving her father and brother behind.

2 comments:

  1. Hey bri fung! :)

    I really liked ure blog post thing...I like how you brought in quoted from the book as well as connecting the book to a movie it's realy well done! Keep up the good work bri fung :)

    -steph

    ReplyDelete